How to test your blood glucose
- Please wash your hands with soap and then dry your hands before testing.
- Install the lancet into the lancing device and adjust until the appropriate depth is reached.
- Take one strip from the vial and re-cap the vial immediately, then use three fingers to insert the test strips into the blood glucose meter.
- Push the blood to your fingertips and use alcohol to disinfect the blood collection site (the sides of the finger). Wait for the alcohol to dry.
- Hold the lancing device against the blood collection site and then press the release button. Blood is pushed from the palm to the collection site.
- When the blood drop icon appears on the meter screen, apply a sufficient amount of blood sample to the strip. Remove the blood sample after hearing the ‘beep’.
- Wait for 5 seconds and your blood glucose value will appear.
- Remove and discard the test strip and the used lancet.